Wednesday, August 06, 2008

R.I.P. Michael


Got the news the other day,
a child's innocence taken away.
(You were never scared, I'll always care)
Grandson to son and a memory we'll never lose in time.

Am I making you proud of me?
'Cause I know you can hear me.

You were too young, too fast for you to go
and now I don't understand why.
I can't stand to watch a mother and father cry.
I look up to you.

Four years your younger brother caused me to always wonder why.
(If it's the only way, I'll talk to you)
Home is not home, I swear I'll still see you.
I miss you.

Am I making you proud of me?
'Cause I know you can hear this.

You were too young, too fast for you to go
and now I don't understand why.
I can't stand to watch a mother and father cry.
I look up to you.


Michael by BedLight for Blue Eyes


I’ve been listening to that song for days. In fact, it’s my song of the week! At first I just sing the tunes. Never really bothered with the lyrics, until I found myself babbling the wrong words and its shameful to sing the song with wrong lyrics so I decided to search for the lyrics and here is what I found out.
This is the start when I gave more thoughts to the lyrics. I knew the song was “emo” from the start. It has the rhythm of a sad story.

Now, these are the facts that are obvious with the lyrics.

- Michael died in a very young age.
- The Grandfather is the one singing the song for him.
- Granddaddy misses Michael.
- Michael’s parents are mourning for his death.

Let’s see, I’m lost with the line “Am I making you proud of me?”. I don’t get why the Grandfather is saying that to Michael. If Michael died in a young age, what did the grandfather do, for Michael to be proud of? Another angle, how did Michael die? I’m betting that Michael was aborted. I got a strong feeling about it. Even though the parents cried at Michael’s death, I think, it was when the parents have realized Michael’s value.

I’m stressing too much huh?

You see, Michael’s song made an impact on me. Right now, I’m thinking “freshmen” by the Verve Pipe. For peep’s who are not familiar with the song, it’s about abortion. I got this absorption that the songs “Michael” and “Freshmen” have the same concern- Abortion. But I can’t quite point my fingers to it. I think the “Michael” lyric is missing an important essence to make it whole.

So much about the song *Sight*

Wherever you are Michael,
May You Rest In Peace!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    whew.. i thought someone u know died... thank god hidni naman...
    Valerie Lipio said...
    Haha! People keep asking me that, who is michael... I keep on explaining its just a post from a blog. haha!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online