Monday, August 25, 2008

Follow Up: You Don’t Love Me Yet



I would like to make some clarifications from what I said on my previous post. When I said that the Novel was written in a poetic manner of writing. I’m correcting that statement. It is not poetic after all.

My bad fellows!

I was reading Chapter three during the time I’ve written the previous post. I found myself haywired on the story. Thus, made me re-read the Novel all over again. As I began back reading the Novel, I envision the story vividly. with a Reading the Novel the first time, I got confused. The Novel was written with a grand scale of words. Words that made the sentences hard for me to comprehend. I can’t imagine the story thoroughly; my imagination of the Novel was not vividly envisioned. I was greatly interrupted from reading, since there were a lot words that I encountered for the first time. It kept me busy, pausing from reading, to look up for the meaning of the words over the dictionary. Which gives witness to the range of vocabulary I have, proving to be very little.

Summing-up the story, it was pretty jovial. It pretty sums up the title of the Novel. From the grotesque and melancholy proclivity relationship between “the complainer” and Lucinda, to Lucinda’s one night stand with Bedwin, to Lucinda’s turning point- realization that she and Matthew belong to each other, made Matthew a sweetheart at the end of the story. Lucinda’s character was anomaly, her choices of action/ decision made her existence in the story rich. Understanding her idiosyncrasy was the toughest part of novel. The Author had a weird way of telling the story. It made me wonder what was he thinking the time he was writing the part of the “monster eye” scene. Anyways, there was gossip spreading that this novel might come out in a movie late next year. Maybe by then, I could understand the story more completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online