Friday, August 29, 2008

GREEN is IN

Even though I have a hand-full of good reasons to convert to be a vegetarian, I have one reason to keep on eating MEAT.

“That sweet metallic taste”
from Oliboy’s Blog

One of my favorite Blog links is my friend’s Blog Spot “Oliboy’s Adventure” site. His dossier of (mostly) food, diving and his vexation experiences– read his Cebu Pacific Story. Oli is the one who introduced the Blog Spot for me to use for my blog posting. I used to post blogs at my Multiply site. I still manage my Multiply site. It’s best to use for Picture Albums, Video Uploads, and collections of my favorite Web Links. For a more vivid description of the site, check out my Multiply site at the left panel, under My Link – My Multiply.

A penny for my thoughts:

Going back to my dwelling of “being vegetarian”, I’ve been trying to put an end to my meat diet. I want to train myself not to look for sweet bloody taste that carnivores love, but after awhile of not having any beef intake, I find myself craving for it! When craving, it is hard not to get what I want, especially when I can afford an order of Rib Eye Steak, worth 2,000 pesos, not that I’m bragging.

There are tons of reasons to convert, and these reasons even includes the healthiest reasons to stop my meat consumptions, but still I can’t brain wash myself to turn into a green eating herbivore.

I dwell into this, A lot.

Animal Slaughtering


When you get to see how unethical other companies slaughter their beef products, it will make your heart ache. The technique that they use is so vile, grotesque, horrible, it will make you feel sad and sorry for the four-legged animals that are being butchered to death, just for the sake of satisfying our carnivorous inclination. I haven’t experience this kind of grotesque slaughtering yet. The nearest experience I had was on my 7th grade field trip at Monterey Farm, where they showed how they slaughter the pigs and cows by means of electrocution. I could barely open my eyes that time and I keep on humming songs to myself to channel off from the frightful cries of the poor animals.

I never wanted to experience (again), or to be exposed, or not even to come across with such hideous form of animal slaughtering. I mean, if Monterey is one of the acceptable form of animal butchery and I have no guts to watch it, what more to the other underhanded companies who kills their products in a very inhumane way- like the ones that’s being televised on the local channel “Reporter’s Notebook” show.

Ironically, I feel sad now, ashamed that I am having a baby bro burger from Brother’s Burger for lunch today. So much about me dwelling on I wanna be a Vegetarian.

2 Comments:

  1. Oliboy's Adventures said...
    comment din ako here...

    thanks for the mention again val! :)
    Valerie Lipio said...
    Haha! Gulat ka ba? I just want to extend my gratitude further. (n_n)

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online