Friday, July 11, 2008

One Fine Day with Doc Q


Yesterday I spend half of my day with my bestfriend - Quirico. We were at Rockwell, supposedly to do some shopping, since he is leaving the end of the month to take the board exam to be a Doctor in the States. That day came out to be special. Its one of the days that made me reminisce our times. Our old times. When we used to have more time to spend with each other. Its a trip to memory lane as said. We met at Starbucks, Powerplant. That place made me feel uneasy. Surrounded by Law Students from Ateneo, with there thick law books, a wide selection of highlight markers, and luxurious laptops from Acer to Mac. There was even a guy with a pair of ear plugs glued to his ears to avoid the noisy coffee drinkers. Its definitely a place not to mingle but to study and have the best coffee, a cup or two. No wonder Q loves the place. I found him at a small round table good for one with all his stuff - a Largely thick book, SLR camera, Red-Covered in sticker Macbook and a couple sets of Hard Drives scattered over the table. That time I was thinking to myself “Damn! I should have brought a book with me. Any book! So I would look at least intellectual with my pink Lacoste bag and pink Macbook.” I was only in my white pants and my racer back pastel colored top, a pair of pink semi-dirty Havaianas with my hair in a knot. Q was in his college attire - Collared shirt, slacks and his pair of sturdy Vans. I felt really out of place! I wish that time that I was still at school.

In Power Plant Mall, we started walking around hoping from store to store. Looking, No - more of fitting Items. We started to look for a cool piece of Jacket. We found one at Analog Soul. A semi dark grey with a little urban design hoody. The price was reasonable. Its a little less than 1,500 pesos. But I was not satisfied with it. So went to look for more. Next stop is at Nike store. I personally am not a fan of Nike, except for their Presto Rubber Shoes that was so popular back in the late 1990’s. Q like any boys started looking at the soccer plastered jackets, which I have to grab his arm out of the store. For him not to end up buying more of World Cup/ FIFA Items. He has too many! Besides, when he told me he wanted to buy a jacket, I have already an Idea of what kind of. Again, we search for more. We check out Stoked, which he didn’t bother to scan the jacket section, instead he was looking at the skateboard. Figuring if he will buy one for himself here or in the States. Then from Jacket scouting we turned into a pair of Shades. I found him a perfect pair of shades in mind. I know from the moment he told me “I want to buy myself some Shades”. Cling Cling! The Gascan from Oakley! That would really look good on him! Imagining it him wearing it. He would look Cool! It even fits the way he dresses up, his choice of clothing (Not that I complain about it). Its perfect! We stormed to Oakley store looking for a black matte finish Gascan shades. Unfortunately we didn’t find what I was looking for. They only pair of shades available is the glossy version, which happens to be the unlimited series - quite expensive. Playing Tug-of-War to purchase the second runner up admirable glossy shades, told him to wait after his birthday (which was coming up this 23rd of July). Why? 1st - People will be giving him cash for his birthday (He will have more choices with out a budget) and 2ndly - He might find the exact shades by that time.

Musing on the problem of the Wanted Jacket. We found one at Zara! Its a blackish gray wool type or material with gold finish zipper and a little gold pin with sort of a sign of Zara. Its trendy, fashionable, a au courant with the fashion scene as i would put it. He looks cool in it! I love to go shopping with friends! I love the way it feels to dress them up in my category of methodology. Its a feeling that makes me proud of myself. Like its a super dooper accomplishment.

But this was not the end our acquisition. He asked for a little bijou for his left wrist. He was complaining all of a sudden that his left wrist was naked and bare. He goes, “Buy me a tinklet! A bracelet for my left arm!” - as he pointed it out to me. We stumbled to this little stall in front of the 2nd floor escalator in between Kamiseta and the shop who sells extremely expensive brands of jeans (obliterate the name of the shop at the same time i saw the tag price - Haha!). Scanning the ready made bracelets, I picked out three variety of leather cuffs. A brown with black felt like material stitches, a plain brown vintage studded wrist band, and a super dooper slim bradded leather band. Trying on each one at a time in his left bear wrist. I began to scrutinizing each cuffs by the design and stability. I would let him choose it since he was the one who will be wearing it, but since I was the one buying it - I will pick the one that I find to be most suited for a man like him (Haha!). Guess what was my choice? Yes! Correct! The 1st cuffs, brown with black felt like material stitches. Its the Winner! I placed right way. There! At his left bear wrist that was not-so-bear-anymore! I ask the Lady to not bothering to wrap it up for us, and I paid for it. The Sales lady was teasing us, if we were dating.

I wanting to buy something for myself since my I bought Q a bracelet. I went inside Ginger Snaps store. Scanning for new items. I ending up buying a oh-soo-cute little squirrel pin! I decided to give it to Q again for his so-plain brown bag. It’s doesn’t look gay-ish, fyi. Its very cute! Besides, He is after all secured with his masculinity, unlike others that i know of. He is Q and He can carry it strappingly macho! (better do something good for me in return Q! I’m praising you too much - Haha!).

Instead of watching a movie at Power Plant, we decided to play Rock Band at his pad. We ordered pizza in. It was a funny moment when we were deciding on what to eat. In the Little Civic Hunch Back Car of his, we both stormed to the word “pizza”. Saying it at the same time, it was like jinx! I don’t know what I was thinking. I said that we could have the pizza delivered from Shakey’s. He gave me a look that read “what the hell? Shakey’s?”. Haha! Then he suggested Yellow Cab instead. Haha! Oo nga noh! I mean Why Shakey’s? Its so vintage! Haha! (My apologies to Shakey’s lovers out there- Its just a matter of taste). We ordered 8 slices of the pepperoni and mushroom pizza and a half pint of chocolate ice cream for dessert.

First Wii game that we played was the Mario Racing game. Its the typical Nintendo Mario racing game only in 3D and a wireless control and cute cute little racer - with your own choice of racing cart to pick from. Knowing me with racing games, I sucked at it! I was between 6th to 12th place. FYI - 12th place was the last place. Complaining to Q that my controller batteries are weak, that my controller is the reasons why I’m always at the last place, Haha! - It ended up that I really sucked at it. Wahaha!

Then we turned to RockBand! For all peep’s who are musically inclined owns a XBox360. Its a must buy! Not only fun to play alone but with friends its a mob! There is a lead guitar, bass guitar, drum set and (my favorite) the Microphone. Don’t you dare bi-little the Mic! Trying singing “Here We Go” by OK Go! or “Are you Going To Be My Girl” by Jet. Its exhausting! A not-so-nice-breath-taker kind of way. Q was very good with the drums and even better with the guitar (obviously with the RockBand available to him 24/7, who can’t be that good). He is at the Hard/Expert level as i remembered. I wasn’t bad myself. Medium Level with the bass guitar. Tried the drums thought, but the pedals hurt my right foot. I was having a bad, very bad cramps! It twitched my second toe from the big toe. I strummed to the beat of “Should I stay or Should I go” by the Clash and rocking my drum stick to “Paranoid” by Garbage. Hell Yeah! I rock! If it wasn’t with my lousy cramps! Haha!

Over all, its was a five star day! A highlight from my everyday life. Its one of those days when you catch a beautiful rays of sunset. Colorful, like a rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online