Saturday, October 04, 2008

Changing iPhone’s Text Tone

When it come to SSHing the iPhone’s Text Tone, I haven’t not yet discover adding Text Tone, but I just replace the Original Text Tone file with my preferred Text Tone Sound file.

NOTE: All throughout my SSHing with iPhone, I always use DiskAid. For Reasons, please read my “ Changing Slider Bar of iPhone”.

First Step: Prepare file/files that you want to use as your Personal Text Tone.

Text Tone File Conversion: .AAC = .caf

You can convert the files by using iTunes:





iTunes> Preference> General> Importing Settings.


Then copy the .AAC file to a folder or at the Desktop, whichever you prefer. From the folder, change the file format “.aac” to “.caf”. You can simply do this by replacing the Extension Filename of “.aac” to “.caf”, just by typing. See Image below:



Now, your ready to SSH Text Tones!

Using DiskAid, connect iPhone and open to “Root Folder”.

Follow the Highlight structure of the Pictures below.




System> Library> Audio> UISounds> sms-received1.caf
(up to sms-received6.caf)

NOTE: Back Up a Copy of the Original Text Tone File/Files to you MAC.

From the Folder/ Desktop (of your Converted Text Tone file/files), replace the Filename of the Personal Text Tone to one of the iPhone’s Original Text Tone Filenames.

Example: Change iPhone’s Original Text Tone “Bell” which has the Filename Structure of “sms-received5.caf”, Rename the Personal Text Tone filename to the Original File name Structure.

Copy or Drag the Personal Text Tone File to the location of the Sound File.




Click “Replace” when a Window Pop-Up.

And your DONE!

Check your iPhone's New Text Sound.

NOTE: If the selected Text Tone is not making any sound, check your converted file again. This might mean that your file name has the wrong “filename structure” or wrong “Filename Extension” or “Reboot Device”.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    HI BEST...wow.. good thing u blogged about this. I have been trying to change the text tone of billy's phone since i dont know when. ill try it out later. thanks a bunch..
    Valerie Lipio said...
    Your Welcome Best! I'll be posting more. I was busy last week, but I'm back again! Ready To Blog!
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you for this information! I am getting an iPhone next week. Will this work on the 3G version too? I had read it was going to be more locked down or something.
    Valerie Lipio said...
    My sister owns a 3G iphone. I haven't had the chance to explore the internal system if it, I was the one who Jailbreak it to version 2.2 by running Pwnage Tool and Quickkpwn. According to my sister, the folders are the same as with the classic.

    Enjoy tinkering your new iPhone!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online