Thursday, September 25, 2008

She wore a green dress

I have another wedding to attend too, which means another “dress dilemma” for me to figure out.

Initially, I was supposed to just buy a “White Eyelet Dress” from one of my favorite local brand, Bayo. It was a white cotton, spaghetti, knee length dress I saw last Sunday at Festival Mall. I didn’t buy it right away thought, cause

1. At Festival Mall, the shop was closing up, and it is a must for me try on clothes before I purchase it.
2. The branch at ATC Mall aka Alabang Town Center, ran out of my size.

Next shop for me to check was PRP. I found nothing special about this shop. It was more of “convenience”, since the shop was right beside Bayo. Scanning through the ranks of clothes, I saw this bright Emerald Short Satin Dress. I spotted the dress from behind. The color got my attention. It was the right touch of green and has the right shine of satin. It was perfect, well, almost, if it wasn’t just that short.

My Achie will have a dress made for the wedding. I went with her at the shop, and there she spoke to this gay guy named “Maica”. Assuming where the name “Maica” might have originated, I’m guessing his real name must be “Michael”. Just pondering there for a moment. Anyways, “Maica” suggested a couple of style for my Achie’s dress. The choice of my Achie’s style is beautiful. I think this style will fit her very well. With all the “yakididakdak” of designs, styles, and materials, I got inspired by the “dress talk”, and decided to have a dress made for myself too.

I have a style printed in my head. I was trying to explain it to “Maica”, but I don’t think he was getting it. So, from the magazine at the table, I scan the pages and pointed out a dress, almost similar to the one in my head. He drew the sketch, wrote down the type of materials that I’ll be using and length of yards that he will be consuming to make my dress turn into life- metaphorically speaking of course.


That same day we went to purchase the materials an hour before Carolina’s Store will be closing. Achie picked a mauve colored lace and a violet satin for her choice. I ,on the other hand, wanted a canary yellow color for my dress, but I guess, canary yellow is not that big this season, so I chose green. Now, my favorite color is not green, in fact it is sunshine yellow. But when it comes to formal dresses, I always end up choosing dresses with green color in them. I dunno why, maybe the next time I write about it, probably I will know the answer by then.

The next day when we brought the materials for our dresses to dressmaker, on the process of it, I changed my mind with the style of my dress.

Let’s pause for a moment and take a look at my design preferences:







I have not yet discussed with Maica about my choices, but he already knew that I want to change the design. I really hope that my first choice will be “the one”. You see, it will all depend on the material that I have already bought. I have no other choice now but to use the material or it will just go to waste, and I don’t want to spend anymore with new sets of garments. Its not like I have a lined-up weddings to attend to, and considering me, kuripot, I don’t want (anymore) to spare cash to another dress and let this “green dress” linger for the next event, which might be next year = Walana sa MODA.

I’m still on the verge of my “dress dilemma”. So, watch out for my next post cause I will be showing off the Green Dress in 2D form.

Till Then! <3

P.S.
Remember the song of LFO?
“The girl with the green dress,
She took my breath away”

LOLz

2 Comments:

  1. LoVeLyPiT said...
    I feel stupid.

    Who's LFO?
    Valerie Lipio said...
    haha! Don't be! you don't listen to such artist. =P

    LFO is Light Funky Ones, fyi.

    <3

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online