Friday, September 19, 2008

When I first got my iPhone, I was in version 2.0.2. That version has a lot of applications to offer, from customizing “Themes”, adding “productivity” apps, and maximizing the “utilities”. One thing that I noticed when I had a lot of applications installed/ changes at my iPhone, was the slow response of the iPhone when prompt to “Contacts” or launching the “Keyboard”. I was beginning to worry that the Version 2.0.2 was a little buggy. Then a new version arises!

Jailbreaking/ Upgrading to version 2.1 was a little tricky. Since we know that Apple made iPhones in such a way that (Point of view ko lang), “no two iphones are alike”. I spent the whole afternoon till the wee hours in the Morning, on a weekday tinkering my iPhone. I downloaded the following items:
-- Pwnage Tool
-- QuickPwn 1.1
-- BL-39
-- BL-46

Saved all in one folder in my MacBook, “crossed finger”, hoping the files were compatible for my upgrading.


Ready Set Start:
|
|
|
“Error 6” Wahhh! I panicked (a little)! Tried Again
|
|
|
“Error 6” “Pa Rin!”
|
|
|


I tried over and over, till I lost count from 5th time repeating the same procedure.
Luckily, my officemate Roxy was upgrading her iPhone as well. I seeked help from her at YM. First time try of Roxy’s upgrade, WALA! It worked for her! One time shot, and she were able to upgrade her iPhone! I got scared! Thought that the software that I download were not compatible with my iPhone (as of that time- That’s the only software available). Ito lang pala, Roxy upgrade her OS to 10.5.5 ver. (the latest OS version for Mac) before she upgraded her iPhone. So, I patiently waited for my MacBook to upgrade, which took a millennium to complete the installation, then rebooted my MacBook.


Ready Set Start:
|
|
|
Extracting Software for iPhone
|
|
|
Apple Logo on iPhone “Cross Fingers”- Ito na!
|
|
|

|
|
|
YAHOOOOO!!!!! SUCCESS!!


I finally Upgraded my iPhone to version 2.1!


I would like to thank Applei Site for posting the “tutorial” for the upgrade. Thank you to the following Applei peep’s namely:
Rukawakaide
incident
Sith/ SS

The peep’s who help me all the way, till One in the Morning!
Mostly, Thank you to Roxy! For the tip, the “tip” that made the whole process of upgrading work. Thanks you!


Next experiment in line is SSH

Personalizing Themes, Icons, Sliders, and MORE…

Watch out for it!

LOL

2 Comments:

  1. harshita said...
    Hi,

    I am so honored to write a comment on the latest and the trendiest iphone. As I am an iphone lover this phone is amazing. It is an complete mini computer. I will soon but it.


    ===================================
    Rajnish
    look4ward
    Valerie Lipio said...
    thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online