Friday, October 08, 2010

To My Bestfriend Elaine




I gave the speech right after dinner. I remember that i couldn't eat and I drank half a glass of wine to collect my courage. My speech is short and simple, but from my heart. I figured since its a intimate wedding, there is no point of expressing much of the Bride and Grooms personality - the two Bestman covered that part well enough.

I hope that Antonio and (especially) Elaine love and appreciate my what I said that night.


Good Evening Everybody.

I'm Valerie.

Thank you Emma for asking me to be your Maid of Honor, I wasn't expecting it.

I've known Elaine since we were grade 6. Our Friendship blossomed during High School.
Elaine is like a Sister to me. We had our shared trials is life. We Fought, we cried, we laugh, we had each other's back.

When Elaine told me that she got engaged to Antonio - That was the first time we spoked to each other after a year of no communication. I remember, I felt sand and happy at the same time.

Happy, cause my Sister is back.

Sad (for a split seconds), cause I'm loosing her again for the second time.

But now, I've realized that I'm not loosing a sister. Instead, I'm gaining a brother.


To Antonio and Elaine:

I'm wishing you the best of both worlds.
Love each other as if it was the first time.
Pray together before you sleep
And most of All (promise me this), I'll be the Ninang of your first born
... Make it soon!
Love you Both!

Cheers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online