Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I Hate Apple, I Love Bananas!



Bugger! Yesterday I almost destroyed my precious (not anymore!) laptop into pieces!


I was composing an E-mail for my Aunt, when typing the keys from M to Z went berserk. At first I thought that maybe the keys of my keyboard got stuck from the residues from the erasers (that i use to clean/ remove the stains my laptop). Not more than 5 minutes of typing, the Z to M keys won't type at all! So, i restarted my laptop and guess what, i couldn't get pass the "Log In" section, which the Laptop ask for the password. Silly Me! I totally forgot that one of the keys for my password is one of the dead keys! So, it leaves me no choice but to have my laptop check at Apple Repair Center, here in San Juan.

@ Apple Repair Center:


Under 5 minutes, even less, the Tech Guy checked my laptop by opening the System Preference- Keyboard AND

This what Irritates me:
1. The Diagnose that was done is very simple. They could have taught me that over the phone, when i called Apple for help.
2. They want to charge me for 500 pesos for it.
3. Diagnose found was Keyboard Hardware Malfunction, which nor the user or way of handling the laptop causes the problem.

The only solution is to change the "Top Cover"., which COST me 5880 Pesos for the Top Cover and 1,500 Pesos for the Labor. And the spare parts is only granted 3 months Warranty. My Gosh! Its like buying a brand new iPod Nano! Its Expensive!

For exactly One year my MBW (MacBook White) is working on top condition, until one month after my expiration date. I should have bought the Apple Care that was offered to me last year! I never thought that I will encounter a Hardware Defect that was caused by simple zilch. Not to mention, the prize i have to pay.

Now as of the moment, I am using this "Silicone Keyboard" that I bought from CD-R King (cost me 399 Pesos ONLY) is my life saver.

Apple broke my heart :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online